Water /Pipieline Regional Resident Engineer/Supervisor vacancies (Dublin)
Responsibilities across both roles include:
- Ensure an awareness of the importance of HSQE and good workmanship.
- Engage with the Contractor to drive the necessary inspections programme to ascertain the accuracy of information and monitor network completion.
- Approve and then monitor Service Requests as instructed to the Contractors
- Ensure that the Service and Works Contractors are managing end customer and stakeholder requirements
- Support the production of reports on progress, compliance, design, quality on periodic and ad-hoc basis and incorporating interventions required to deliver optimum output.
- .Support the on KPI reporting. Participate in all safety programmes and improvement.
- Monitor by a programme of regular pre-arranged inspections the quality of the contractor’s work. Liaise with Service and Works contractors in accordance with powers delegated. Where
- remedial actions are required monitor so that non-conformance reports raised are closed out in an auditable manner.
- Inspect completed works and survey for the readiness of portions of the work for inspection and for the recording of the outcome and the control of any remedial works required.
- Monitor progress of the works by regular site visits and inspections, comparing work in progress with contract documentation, and information given at site meetings and with the overall contract programme.
- Maintain a regular and frequent site presence at all worksites and to continually monitor, and correct where necessary, the standard and methods of work, being always vigilant for inadequacies. Maintain site diary as appropriate.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in similar role.
- Utilities projects background with site supervision or Resident Engineer experience preferred. Preferred experience in pipeline installation.
- Experience of end customer and stakeholder management Experience of street works and reinstatement audit
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally.
- Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally and to influence.
- Ability to use office based computer packages, e.g. MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) to basic level.
Training and Qualifications
- Site based accreditation including Safe pass or CSCS
- Highway or Road Opening
Remuneration: Agreed Day rate(up to €320 per day DOE) plus Travel Expenses