Title: Senior Project Manager, API Plant , North Dublin
The Project Manager will have the ability to support the generation (by the lead end-user) of an appropriate User Requirement Specification (URS). He/she will ensure that a detailed URS is in place in order to inform the deliverables of each project stage and the subsequent analysis and assessment of each stage of the project. The URS must provide the requirements which must be in place at the end of the project in order to deliver the business needs outlined in the approved Business Case.
The Project Manager will have the experience and ability to manage an external Architect/Engineer (A/E) firm or to build an appropriate team (which will be approved by Client) to produce a high-quality Design and subsequent implementation. This will also include an appropriate level of cost estimate and schedule for each stage gate.
The Project Manager will manage the life-cycle phases of the project : Concept options, concept design, Basis of design, Detailed Design; Construction; Commissioning and Qualification as deemed necessary by the Client’s Engineering Management.
This position will have a reporting line to the Engineering Manager for all issues .
Position Description and Responsibilities:
- Accountable to meet stated project expectations (financial and schedule)
- Planning and Scheduling - uses planning tools to hold a complex project on schedule and coordinate parallel activities. Coordinate with facilities, EHS, QA, etc. Manage external factors such as planning and inspections.
- Financial management - develops capital budgets, obtain approvals for and adhere to project scope. Negotiate with contractors and suppliers to keep project within budget. Use guidelines and GSS agreements. Make cash flow projections. Make effective use of SAP and budgeting tools. Manage life cycle costs. Take advantage of business opportunities and manage risks.
- Project execution plan – Generates a detailed project execution plan concerning the execution of all aspects of the project.
- Risk Management - design projects that are reliable and safe for those who use them and for the environment. Ensure compliance with all regulations. Consider the potential impact construction and on time performance will have on the business should it cause an interruption.
- Innovation - seeks innovative and novel approaches for design, function and construction and has ideally used operational excellence tools in improving approaches for these activities.
- Assure that value engineering, constructability reviews and similar processes are effectively utilized to minimize capital expenditures and maximize functional value.
- Strict adherence to BMS project stage-gate principles for managing the life-cycle of projects.
- Demonstrate leadership, team-skills, self-confidence, and effective decision making throughout a project.
- Assure compliance with good engineering practices, Company policies, regulations and codes.
- Provide technical support to operations, maintenance, asset care, and energy groups.
- Manage a safe project.
- Five to ten years of prior experience managing projects within an API pharmaceutical site engineering department.
- Solid background of planning and managing engineering projects with a demonstrated record of on time performance.
- Experience managing the overall financial performance of engineering projects, including cash flow, life cycle costs, business opportunities and risks. Experience using SAP and budgeting tools.
- Understands the project management process; programming, scope development, design development, implementation, project closeout
- Experience dealing with outside regulators: local planning boards, construction inspectors.
- Good background leading multi discipline cross functional teams.
- Experience designing complex projects within the API pharmaceutical industry. Design for safe operation and environment.
- Good examples of stakeholder management across an organisation.
The person proposed for this Project Management role will have owner experience in managing pharmaceutical capital projects, and will have a demonstrated ability to manage all stages of business-critical projects. He/she must have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others. This role will interface heavily with the Engineering Manager, Engineering Director, and the Lead End User. A clear understanding and appreciation of the different roles and responsibilities of each of these positions will be imperative for the successful execution of all stages of the projects.
Hourly rate 50-55 p.h. DOE