Quantity Surveyor / Contract Administrator - Salary 35K
· Permanent full-time
· · Quantity Surveyor / Contract Administrator required for busy Petrochemical and Civil Engineering Contractor in North Dublin.
· Manage all aspects of the tendering process ensuring that all tenders are priced, processed and issued in a timely manner in line with tender constraints and deadlines.
· Complete full quantity take-offs for labour, equipment and materials required to complete the project as per contract specifications to ensure accuracy of pricing.
· Monitor various procurement websites and identify of potential tenders
· Break down tenders into packages and issue to supply chain and sub-contractors.
· Preparation and submission of monthly interim valuations to cliental for approval.
· Monitoring and reporting to management on the financial progression of projects.
· Reporting projected monthly invoicing figures to management.
· Preparation and negotiation of Final Account’s.
· Liaise closely with project managers and crew leaders to ensure all variations are identified at an early stage and costs submitted to the client for approval.
· Liaise with construction crews to ensure timely submission of paperwork.
· Adhoc duties as required
· The position requires as dedicated hardworking individual with excellent interpersonal and technical skills with the ability to work under pressure on one’s own initiative.
· Third level Degree in Quantity Surveying or Mechanical Engineering preferable.
· Proven ability to multi task and prioritise work load efficiently effectively in a busy environment.
· Must have 2+ years’ experience in a similar role
· Must demonstrate good commercial and business acumen.
· Conversant in Microsoft Office with proficiency in Microsoft Excel essential.
· Conversant in MS Project desirable but not essential
· Excellent negotiation and client facing skills.
· Experience in drafting risk assessments and method statements desirable
· Experience in compiling handover files for submission to client on completion of various projects.
· Full clean drivers licence with own transport preferable as you may be required to attend client meeting on occasion.