Project Engineer – North Dublin API Plant
We are recruiting chemical/mechanical engineers with API pharma project engineering/project management experience on a contract basis.
The successful candidate(s) should ideally have 2-5 years experience working as a project engineer/manager on API pharma projects.
They will have an opportunity to work as project engineer or project manage a range of approved projects from the current approved project portfolio. They will be responsible for managing the Scope, cost and schedule of the assigned Projects. They will also manage the delivery of the key documentation required for a best-practice Stage Gate managed process, including (but not limited to) a detailed Project Execution Plan and cost estimate.
They will manage the full range of activities associated with the project life-cycle from cradle to grave: URS; Concept; Basis of Design; Detailed Design; Construction; Commissioning and Qualification.
· Two to five years experience within an API pharmaceutical site engineering department.
· Solid background of planning engineering projects with a demonstrated record of on time performance.
· Experience managing the financial performance of engineering projects, including cash flow, life cycle costs, business opportunities and risks. Experience using SAP and budgeting tools.
· Good understanding of the project management process; programming, scope development, design development, implementation, project closeout
· Experience with leading/participating in multi discipline cross functional teams.
· Risk Management – Experience of designing projects that are reliable and safe for those who use them and for the environment. Ensure compliance with all regulations. Consider the potential impact construction and on time performance will have on the business should it cause an interruption.
· Innovation - seeks innovative and novel approaches for design, function and construction.
· Assure that value engineering, constructability reviews and similar processes are effectively utilized to minimize capital expenditures and maximize functional value.
· Strict adherence to Cleint project stage-gate principles for managing the life-cycle of projects.
· Demonstrate leadership, team-skills, self-confidence, and effective decision making throughout a project.
· Assure compliance with good engineering practices, Company policies, regulations and codes.
· Understands the project management process; programming, scope development, design development, implementation, project closeout
· excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
Rates - 35-40 p.h. DOE