Lead Process Engineer for Industrial Project with semi-conductor experience for Long term contract
Hourly Rate: €75-80+ per hour DOE
Primary Job Responsibilities
Under general supervision develops basic engineering designs and specifications on assigned contract; provides process data to environmental groups, reviews and approves equipment RFQ’s, bid tabulations and vendor data; assists in process field work.
Acts as area engineer and/or may be assigned equipment or technical study responsibilities under general supervision.
The basic requirement is a chemical engineering or a relevant science degree. Higher qualifications are an advantage.
Active membership in a professional body, such as the IChemE, ISPE, Parenteral Society, IEI, etc. is expected as a demonstration of self-development and professional qualification.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Assists in proposal activities to ensure that Process Engineering scope is correctly addressed.
· Assists in developing process design data for the proposal.
· Assists in identifying previous related jobs and/or designs.
Budgeting / Scheduling:
· Follows and maintains established schedule for the assigned area.
· Contributes to “needs/alert lists” to keep PM advised of items which could adversely affect the schedule.
· Maintains work output to match schedule requirements.
· Is able to adjust short term priorities to meet overall schedule requirements.
Process Design Basis
· Applies process design criteria, guidelines and contract requirements to process design work.
· May be responsible for interacting with licensors, including establishing design basis and licensor evaluation.
· Applies process design criteria and guidelines to all phases of process engineering.
· Prepares flow diagrams and participates in flow diagram reviews.
· Understands the importance of the flow diagram as a communication tool to other disciplines.
· Is able to prepare and review flow diagrams with total information to correspond to the flow sequence, operability and the safety of the unit/system.
· Answers questions, with confidence, from other disciplines and clients as to the requirement/function of each item on the flow sheet.
· Back checks, updates, and ensures consistency with related design documents such as specification sheets and with other units.
· Prepares and reviews metallurgy flow diagrams.
· Prepares process and utility equipment specification sheets. May be responsible for design of a system or a complete unit.
· Understands importance of the equipment specification sheet as a communication tool with other disciplines.
· Prepares equipment duty specifications for all equipments including complex equipment such as reactors.
· Prepares detail design specification for all equipment.
· Reviews input from other disciplines for compatibility with process design for all
· Prepares instrumentation process data. Assists in establishing control philosophy for relatively complex control systems to meet process objectives, including safety.
· Prepares control valves process data, relief valve data, analyzer data.
· Interprets control philosophy of relatively complex control systems.
· Reviews control systems specification sheets for consistency with process data
· Reviews logic diagrams for relatively simple loops.
· Evaluates alternative control strategies to meet process objectives.
· Performs specifications/calculations and technical studies.
· Completes conceptual developments of a major system and performs all necessary calculations for process design of systems and equipment within the assigned area.
· Performs relatively complex technical studies under general supervision.
· Ensures that calculations are legible, well organized, correctly references as to equipment/system, dated and signed.
· Reviews and approves equipment bid tabulations and vendor data.
· Expeditiously reviews equipment requests for quotes, purchase requests, bid tabulations and vendor data for conformance to specifications, process compatibility, safety and operability.
· Ensures consistency of vendor data with other design documents such as flow diagrams, area classifications drawings, utility summaries, etc
· Develops environmental requirements and provides process data to environmental groups.
· Works with other groups as necessary to define the environmental requirements for a project.
· Provides timely and correct process data (emission quantities, compositions, conditions) to environmental groups as requested.
· Ensures that the process design is in accordance with the environmental requirements.
· Responsible for performing various process engineering work functions in a manner that will provide a safe and operable plant
· Understands obligations and authority to make appropriate design decisions necessary for plant safety and operability.
· Identifies potentially lethal/toxic substances and designs the systems handling those substances in accordance with established Jacobs/Client procedures.
· Reviews the unit/plant layout for unsafe piping/equipment arrangement and for adequate access to critical valves.
· Assists in specification of any required safety systems (eye-washers, safety-showers, gas detectors, etc).
· Assists in the production of plant operating manuals. May assume overall responsibility for manuals relatively less complex units.
· Understands and applies guidelines developed by others regarding the required contents of the operating manuals.
· Writes assigned sections of the manuals for complex units or writes complete manuals for less complex units. The manuals should be technically correct, complete and clearly written.
· Assists in process field work.
· Shows a willingness to accept field assignments to fulfill project requirements (personal circumstances permitting).
· Performs, under general supervision, a plant checkout as required to ensure flow diagrams and designs have been correctly implemented and all tie-in correctly located.
· Assists, under general supervision, in operator training programs as required.
· Assists, under general supervision, in plant start-up and /or plant performance testing as required.
· Assists, under general supervision, in writing of the Process Final Job Report.
· Becomes knowledgeable of, and adapts to the construction/operation environment.
Standards and Procedures
· Assists in developing and upgrading process engineering standards and procedures.
· Provides assistance in developing and upgrading process engineering standards and procedures in a thorough and timely manner and in conformance with departmental objectives and budgets.
· Understands and implements the basic process engineering, project and Division standards and procedures in work assignments.
· Implements training and development of engineers under supervision.
· Attends training programs as requested and understands the principles given.
· Develops subordinates through inclusion in technical meetings within the task force and with the client and vendors.
· Properly delegates work and devotes ample time to answer questions and discussions of work assignments.
· Maintains and increases associates’ technical knowledge by circulating technical data.
· As assigned, conducts training on advanced technical aspects of process engineering and administrative procedures.
· Participates in formal and “on the job” training of personnel from other departments.
· Responsible for performing other work assignments as required by the supervisor.
· Understands and meets the requirements of the assignment.