Position : Lead Electrical Engineer, Dublin Contract Rates - €45-50 DOE
Minimum Qualifications :Degree – Chartered an advantage
- At least 12 years as Electrical Engineer in one or more of these sectors: Oil and Gas, Biopharma, Pharma, Semiconductor
- Delivery of Electrical Engineering Design to meet budget, schedule and quality requirements
- Electrical Team Leader responsible for project delivery and project controls.
- Position requires thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques.
- Deep knowledge of ETCI Wiring Regulations, IEC Standards and EN Standards.
- Experience in working as part of a team in schedule driven multiple discipline projects.
- Very good proactive communicator.
- Assume the lead engineer’s role on assigned projects.
- Assigns and coordinates work to Drafters, Designers, and Engineers.
- Provides technical direction and on-the-job training to Drafters, Designers, and less experienced Engineers.
- Project controls, cost estimates, quantity takeoffs and manpower requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective communication on projects.
- Specification, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning of MV & LV Switchgear, Conventional and Intelligent Motor Control Centres, VSDs, Transformers, UPS Systems, Generators, Power Factor Correction Equipment etc.
- MV and LV Power system design.
- Executing projects in a multi-discipline 3D design environment.
- Protective relay and metering schemes for power systems & equipment, short circuit calculations & analysis and co-ordination/discrimination studies.
- Design of electrical facilities to IS, EN and IEC standards including Power, Lighting, Cabling, Cable Containment Systems, Cat5/Cat 6 Structured Wiring, Fire Alarm, Earthing, Lightning Protection etc.
- Familiar with the Design Workflow for Inter-discipline activities
- Process / Piping / Mechanical Packages / 3D model.
Duration 12 months with possible extension
Design Tools to be used on this project
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word