BCAR (Building Code Amended Regulations) Administrator/Document controller
Our client, a leading Architectural practices, requires a BCAR administrator to support the assigned certifiers
The role of the assigned certifier is to undertake inspections and co-ordinate the inspection activities of others during construction in order to certify the building or works on completion as compliant with the Building Code (Amended) Regulations (BC(A)R
The key to managing the assigned certification process is the role of BCAR information and process administration. This role requires management of the BC(A)R process and document control.
Roles and duties :
- Control and maintenance of project folders; existing and new managed within the HJL back up procedure
- Pursue and drive new developing technologies to assist the document control process eg, Newforma
- Proofing, editing and formatting of individual documents in association with the BC(A)R directors
- Assist in the CPD (continuing professional development) modules: assembling power point presentations, etc, in association with the BC(A)R directors
- Prepare, collate and issue reports
- Prepare, collate and upload documents onto the local authority BCMS (Building Control Management System)
- Liaise and pursue Building Control offices (local authorities) as required
- Maintain and monitor trackers/diary re Projects and promptly highlight any delays
- Liaise and pursue Consultants as required for their submissions
- Maintain and monitor trackers re Consultants documentation received/outstanding on each project
- The management of the documents, inspections and submissions requires continual work, all documents are evolving as the process is tested in the industry. Standard documents require updating and reviewing on a regular basis.
Skills required include:
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A pro-active and collaborative approach to teamwork.
- Flexibility and the ability to consistently collect and record the required documentation are key attributes of this important position.
- Previous experience in Architects/Engineers office an advantage but not essential
- Document Control experience an advantage