This challenging position involves working as part of a multi-discipline, highly interactive and coordinated team focused on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing facilities. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for industry leading clients around the world. We design of some of the most complex and specialized facilities being constructed today. This team is a fantastic place for a mid-level designer to take their career to new heights—you name the practice, we’ve got an expert to learn from!
Projects for our clients include feasibility studies, long-range planning studies, and full design services including programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and services during construction for design/bid/build and design/build projects.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with strong communication skills. They will exhibit a passion and desire to apply their technical experience and knowledge in a team environment on technically challenging and professionally rewarding projects. Our team is seeking a person who understands the importance of meeting their targeted commitments while being flexible to the ever-changing and fast paced environment of our clients’ sites.
Our Telecom Designers:
- Perform necessary engineering and design tasks to produce construction documents in conjunction with a team of engineers and designers
- Design telecommunication cabling infrastructures based upon client design criteria, national and international codes, TIA/EIA industry standards and Telecom Distribution Methods Manual.
- Are responsible for designing the following elements and systems:
- Backbone Distribution
- Horizontal Distribution Pathways
- Voice/Data Cables and Connecting Hardware
- Outside Plant
- Telecommunication Spaces.
- Coordinate and collaborate real time with other disciplines such as electrical, life safety, I&C and architectural to develop designs.
- Are leaders in their discipline and are responsible for direct communication and collaboration with all other disciplines as well as owners and trade partners and will coordinate with and direct production resources for creation of 2D and 3D deliverables.
- Follow quality and CAD/BIM standards.
- Perform quality review checks for 2D/3D modelling and Mech/HVAC deliverables.
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- Perform site surveys and design verification.
- Semiconductor experience preferable, or large scale industrial.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (Excel).
- Strong relevant engineering/design experience in industrial/advanced technology sector.
- Engineering/ design experience in the telecom systems
- Experience in equipment layout definition.
- Excellent English level – written and spoken,
- Minimum 4 years proven leadership in building telecom system design
- Working knowledge of NEC and current BICSI standards
- Ability to interact with other engineering disciplines, clients, and vendors at all levels.
- Experience using REVIT and BIM.
- 5-10 years’ experience in design of telecom systems for semiconductor facilities