This challenging position involves working as part of a multi-discipline, highly interactive and coordinated team focused on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing facilities. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for industry leading clients around the world. We design of some of the most complex and specialized facilities being constructed today. This team is a fantastic place for a mid-level designer to take their career to new heights—you name the practice, we’ve got an expert to learn from!
Projects for our clients include feasibility studies, long-range planning studies, and full design services including programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and services during construction for design/bid/build and design/build projects.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with strong communication skills. They will exhibit a passion and desire to apply their technical experience and knowledge in a team environment on technically challenging and professionally rewarding projects. Our team is seeking a person who understands the importance of meeting their targeted commitments while being flexible to the ever-changing and fast paced environment of our clients’ sites.
- Organize, assign, and delegate necessary engineering and design tasks to produce construction documents in conjunction with a team of engineers and designers.
- Manage scope, budget and schedule to meet project goals.
- Coordinate and collaborate real time with other disciplines such as mechanical, civil, architectural and process to develop designs.
- Independently lead plant design activities as an area/system leader and coordinate with multi-discipline designers.
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- Responsible for detailed design of structures in steel, concrete and masonry in accordance with BS, EN, and International codes
- Using a wide range of design software, backed up by hand calculation
- Liaison with REVIT & CAD technicians to produce quality design deliverables
- Exercise judgment in developing plans or alternatives and work with teams to assure quality plans.
- Perform field activities such as observation of construction activities.
- Review construction submittals for conformance with the intent of contract and design documents.
- Semiconductor experience preferable, large scale industrial.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (Excel).
- Strong relevant engineering/design experience in industrial/advanced technology sector.
- Design experience in reinforced concrete, steelwork, masonry
- A proactive approach to solving problems with an ability to adapt to changing
- A good knowledge of the codes of practice – BS, EN, and International Codes
- Experienced in the use of structural design Software
- Excellent English level – written and spoken,
- Ability to interact with other engineering disciplines, clients, and vendors at all levels.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Structural Engineer or working towards chartership.