This challenging position involves working as part of a multi-discipline, highly interactive and coordinated team focused on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing facilities. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for industry leading clients around the world. We design of some of the most complex and specialized facilities being constructed today. This team is a fantastic place for a mid-level designer to take their career to new heights—you name the practice, we’ve got an expert to learn from!
Projects for our clients include feasibility studies, long-range planning studies, and full design services including programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and services during construction for design/bid/build and design/build projects.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with strong communication skills. They will exhibit a passion and desire to apply their technical experience and knowledge in a team environment on technically challenging and professionally rewarding projects. Our team is seeking a person who understands the importance of meeting their targeted commitments while being flexible to the ever-changing and fast paced environment of our clients’ sites.
Our piping designers:
- Perform necessary engineering and design tasks to produce construction documents in conjunction with a team of engineers and designers.
- Carry out 3D (CADWorx) modelling & design activities of piping systems & supports
- Performs routine tasks using well-defined standards and procedures.
- Coordinate and collaborate real time with other disciplines such as electrical, structural, architectural and Mechanical to develop designs.
- Follow quality and CAD/BIM standards
- Are accountable for producing and maintaining piping deliverables (including, but not limited to: drawings, BOMs, 3D models and sketches) in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications within the schedule and budget.
- Provide technical support and assistance to Engineers.
- Perform quality review checks for 2D/3D modelling and piping deliverables.
- Carry out site surveys and design verification.
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- 5+ years’ experience in drafting/design or related course work required
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Experience using CADWorxs
- Effective oral and written communication skills required