Primary Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the complete piping design of a small area of a project or a section of a larger project.
- Develop the design and drafting of complex piping drawings given basic information such as P&ID’s, GA’s, piping specifications, equipment arrangement drawings, etc.
- Perform field design work to ascertain current conditions.
- Prepare conceptual designs and material take-offs for piping construction cost estimates and material procurement and tracking piping quantities during design. Interact with internal and external personnel on matters of significant importance.
- Use computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools.
- Gathers information, makes studies, performs calculations, and prepares original rough layouts and sketches to present design proposal.
- Able to accurately forecast the hours required to complete work activities.
Training and Experience
- The candidate must have experience with industrial piping systems, in particular pharmaceutical and have complete understanding and application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field. Further experience in Bio-technology would be an advantage.
- 5 + years of experience required, drafting/design and related coursework.
- Proficient use of REVIT software is essential and proficient use on 3D software such as Autoplant would be necessary.
Contract rates – 38-42 p.h DOE