This challenging position involves working as part of a multi-discipline, highly interactive and coordinated team focused on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing facilities. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for industry leading clients around the world. We design of some of the most complex and specialized facilities being constructed today.
Projects for our clients include feasibility studies, long-range planning studies, and full design services including programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and services during construction for design/bid/build and design/build projects.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with strong communication skills. They will exhibit a passion and desire to apply their professional experience and knowledge in a team environment on technically challenging and professionally rewarding projects. Our team is seeking a person who understands the importance of meeting their targeted commitments while being flexible to the ever-changing and fast paced environment of our clients’ sites.
Our Mech/HVAC Engineers
- Organize, assign, and delegate necessary engineering and design tasks to produce construction documents in conjunction with a team of engineers and designers.
- Manage scope, budget and schedule to meet project goals.
- Coordinate and collaborate real time with other disciplines such as electrical, structural, architectural and process to develop designs.
- Independently lead plant design activities as an area/system leader and coordinate with multi-discipline designers.
- Perform Mech/HVAC plant design work across several engineering disciplines in 2D/3D integrated design systems.
- Perform quality review checks for 2D/3D modelling and Mech/HVAC deliverables.
- Participate in design reviews, risk assessments and vendor bid evaluations.
- Assist in the generation of proposals, scopes, schedules and budgets for projects.
- Develops designer effort-hour estimates for Mech/HVAC discipline.
- Are responsible for up front site selection and due diligence activities.
- Exercise judgment in developing plans or alternatives and work with teams to assure quality plans.
- Perform field activities such as observation of construction activities.
- Review construction submittals for conformance with the intent of contract and design documents.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to project engineers and designers on a project-by-project basis.
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- Minimum qualification of bachelor’s degree in building services/mechanical engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience with industrial/commercial design
- Semiconductor experience preferable, large scale industrial, skill sets: wet and dry, calculations, specifications, detailing and sizing.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (Excel).
- Strong relevant engineering/design experience in industrial/advanced technology sector.
- Engineering/ design experience in the Mech/HVAC systems
- Experience with start-up and commissioning will be an advantage
- Experience in equipment layout definition.
- Excellent English level – written and spoken,
- Knowledge of Mech/HVAC specific design standards (minimum UK/EU), with a understanding of the international building codes.
- Ability to interact with other engineering disciplines, clients, and vendors at all levels.
- Experience using REVIT in a BIM environment.
- 10 years’ experience in engineering design of building HVAC systems and Mech utilities.
- Extensive experience in design of semiconductor or other advanced manufacturing facilities
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership