This challenging position involves working as part of a multi-discipline, highly interactive and coordinated team focused on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing facilities. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for industry leading clients around the world. We design of some of the most complex and specialized facilities being constructed today. This team is a fantastic place for a mid-level designer to take their career to new heights—you name the practice, we’ve got an expert to learn from!
Projects for our clients include feasibility studies, long-range planning studies, and full design services including programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and services during construction for design/bid/build and design/build projects.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with strong communication skills. They will exhibit a passion and desire to apply their technical experience and knowledge in a team environment on technically challenging and professionally rewarding projects. Our team is seeking a person who understands the importance of meeting their targeted commitments while being flexible to the ever-changing and fast paced environment of our clients’ sites.
- Independently lead plant design activities as an area/system leader and coordinate with multi-discipline designers.
- Perform I&C design work across several engineering disciplines in 2D/3D integrated design systems.
- Participate in design reviews, risk assessments and vendor bid evaluations.
- Assist in the generation of proposals, scopes, schedules and budgets for projects.
- Develops designer effort-hour estimates for I&C discipline.
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- Size and specify instruments and produce datasheets
- Develop control system architecture
- Panel design for control systems
- Develop standard installation details.
- Update P&ID’s with controls content.
- Produce control system philosophy with input from other disciplines as required.
- Produce instrument lists and cable schedules
- Review submittals
- Carry out site surveys and design verification
- Semiconductor experience preferable, large scale industrial, skill sets: Valve selection/sizing, AB (Rockwell) Automation platforms, chemical delivery systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (Excel).
- Strong relevant engineering/design experience in industrial/advanced technology sector.
- Engineering/ design experience in the I&C systems
- Excellent English level – written and spoken,
- Ability to interact with other engineering disciplines, clients, and vendors at all levels.
- Experience with MCC and VFD control requirements.
- Familiar with wiring regulations
- Familiar with ATEX requirements
The candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered status